Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Aaron "Jack" Wylie

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A month can pass in seven days.

It always amazes me how time passes. It's been only seven days since I paused to share a little about my life with you all, but it feels like it has been a month or more.

If I talked about EVERYTHING that has gone on, you might lose interest. As I'm sure you know, being busy doesn't necessarily imply that it's all fun and excitement. Here is quite possibly the most interesting thing that happened in the last week:

I have decided to work on a few people campaigns this year. It is often very hard for candidates to find people to help, and being a young, energetic, idealistic lad, I thought I could offer my services. I got contacted by one candidate, which shall remain nameless for the moment. We talked a bit, and I pledged to help out. I was expecting to be going door-to-door, making phone calls, or stuffing envelopes. I am not yet a professional, and figured on being the whipping boy until I had earned my stripes. Nope. My candidate contacts me, tells me that my computer skills are needed, and that I am to be her data manager. I've never been a manager before, and I'm still wrapping my brain around what a "data manager" is.

All I know is that I have 26 Excel spreadsheets full of data to examine and organize...somehow. I think I'm going to get on that. More to come...

Cheers,
Jack, Data Manager