Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Aaron "Jack" Wylie

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Semi-Arid vs. Full On Desert

I love the weather in Colorado. If it snows, the sun will come out within a day to melt it all, and it feels like summer. If it's really hot for a while, soon to will cool down and rain for a few days. I always heard growing up, "If you don't like the weather in Colorado, wait 15 minutes."

The weather is perfect right now. I don't want it to change one bit. The sky is a little overcast. It rained last night. The air is cool. Most importantly, I'm not sweating.

I'm going to miss out on the beautiful Colorado weather this weekend though. I'm off to visit family in New Mexico. Don't get me wrong. No matter what the weather, I would still go see my family. I just wish they didn't live in the desert. I can only imagine how hot it's going to be down there. Also, there is going to be a wedding. Meaning: I have to wear a wool suit. Suits were not designed for people in deserts.

Oh well. I'm here till tomorrow morning, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I think I'm going to steal my room mate's moped, go for a ride, and then get some work done. It's going to be a nice day.

More to come....