Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Aaron "Jack" Wylie

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What a morning

I awoke at 4:00 am to the sound of dripping water. I popped out of bed, cleared my things away from the area, and ran upstairs. The hot water handle of a shower on the second floor had completely broken off. There was no way to turn of that part of the shower, so we had to turn off the water to the entire house.

I live in an apartment in an old house in Capitol Hill. It was built in the 1800's, and it shows. We have had too many problems with the place to count them all. Most of them have been minor enough by themselves to really bother us, but this was really bad.

Lesson learned: Do not, under any circumstance, move into an apartment that is more than 100 years old.

I went to bed with a migraine headache, and woke up to an entirely different headache. I've been up since then. I need some coffee.