Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Aaron "Jack" Wylie

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A new home

I finally got moved into my new apartment. It's amazing. I'm down off 11th and Pearl, which is so close to school. I won't need to drive hardly ever. The area is beautiful. Most importantly though, it's a 1 bedroom that I have all to myself.

I've never lived completely by myself before. I have always been with my parents or roommates. I love them all dearly, but it is so nice to have some private space all to myself.

I moved in on Monday, and it was ridiculously hot. I drank 5 bottles of water in only a few hours, and I was still very dehydrated. I unpacked almost everything that night (staying up till 4 a.m.) Then I moved everything else in on Tuesday.

The walls are still bare, but the place is finally functional. I've still not had more than four or five hours of sleep a night. I'm crossing my fingers. Maybe tonight's the night.